Your physician liaisons can surely operate without using any (if you truly do not want them to).
But don’t be surprised if they are spending time each day updating their notes, spreadsheets that you might be asking them for, reports you ask them for etc.
Also, be fully prepared that they would be wasting valuable time printing maps, spreadsheets of information, trying to figure out how to optimize their routes, finding parking etc..
I always recommend field sales operations CRM software that allows you and your reps to:
- Upload your target accounts with full contact data and account intelligence
- Create and assign territories to your reps
- Create routes and plans for each day of the week that is optimized for driving time
- Create reminders for themselves that ties into their calendars
- Check in and check out of accounts AND the ability to not be able to check in when they are not at or near the target account location
- Take notes while they are at the prospect, to add contacts they discovered at the practice, leave notes for your in-house sales enablement teams to help them further
- Ping anyone at the practice to help them out with specific questions while they are at the practice
- Be able to pull up account level information so that they know in as real time as possible the total referrals and names of referred patients from each practice
- Be able to see their weekly performance of new referrals they have driven to your practice, how many patients have been scheduled, not scheduled, seen, billed etc
- Be able to order referral pads or other marketing materials when the referral partner tells them that it is needed.