This is a simple one to do. Hopefully you are running an appointment reminder campaign in your practice.
The patients that you will be asking for referrals are:
- Ones that have scored high marks in their satisfaction surveys (hopefully you are already aware of these folks from your patient reviews efforts)
- If your healthcare CRM already stores this information, your front desk / call center agents should already have this right in front of their eyes while they are calling your patients.
- Repeat patients – i.e. patients that have been to your practice more than once.
All your front desk or call center agents have to do with patients that have already been to your practice at least once are:
- When the agent speaks with a patient to confirm their appointment, the agent asks the patient something as simple as “As you know, we are a young practice. Can you think of anyone that you would recommend our doctors to?”.
- If the patient mentions names/numbers – the agent takes that information down, calls the referred patient and introduces themselves as “Hi, I am calling from <your practice name>. I was talking to <the actual patient name> about his/her upcoming appointment. They wanted to recommend their doctor <provider name> to you. Hence, I am calling”..
- When the patient confirms their appointment via SMS, the agent tries to strike up an SMS conversation with the patient by “Thanks for confirming your appointment. We will see you soon. BTW, as you know, we are a young practice. Can you think of anyone that you would recommend our doctors to?”. Same process as above
Hopefully these techniques help you.